The Minot Rose Garden
|Address||St Paul and Browne Streets|
The Minot Rose Garden is a Public garden located at St. Paul and Browne Streets in Brookline, Massachusetts, 2 blocks north of Beacon Street.
Named after Henry W. Minot, a former member of Brookline’s Park and Recreation Commission and Tree Planting Committee, the Minot Garden was created in 1971. It is located within the 1.93 acre Winthrop Square, one of the original open green residential squares laid out by David Sears as he developed the Longwood residential enclave beginning in 1840. The Sears family donated all four Longwood squares to the town in 1902.